Thursday, December 13, 2012

Going downtown

We will be headed downtown to get our fingerprints to ring in the new year!!! We received our letter today for our biometric fingerprint appointment downtown on January 2nd! What a great way to start a new year!?!

Tonight we also were able to attend a concert by FFH and Lifesong raising money for Lifesong For Orphans.  We have applied for grants through this organization and tonight were so encouraged by this ministry.  The concert was more of a worship service and reflection as Derek and I prepare our hearts for an addition to our family.  Tonight a sweet Zambian Children's Choir sang and I couldn't help by look at their faces and hear their sweet voices.  I was reminded of my love for the people of Africa. 

As I sat and watched them, I prayed for our sweet little one in Ethiopia (or maybe not even born yet).  I prayed that just like some of these kids, he would grow up to love the Lord and praise him with all of his heart.  Tonight was an amazing concert and an amazing encouragement in our adoption journey!

Blessed-

No comments:

Post a Comment