Sunday, November 25, 2012

And the wait continues...

Well... we are still waiting- on my fingerprints from the FBI.

Some of you may have seen in our previous posts, that we are officially on stand still, unable to "complete" our homestudy without my fingerprints from the FBI. My husband, Derek's, were approved and sent back, by mine were sent back unreadable and had to be resubmitted.

So, here we are! 6 weeks since then, still waiting. Each Wednesday, I have a standing appointment with Jerome from the FBI (well not really, but it my mind I do).  I call each Wednesday at 12:30pm and talk to Jerome, every time! He's always really nice (and now he know why I'm calling before I can even saying anything after "this is Whitney Hopperton." HAHA! I dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!)  Each week, he says the same thing- the fingerprints still have not be processed.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be calling to check in after a long weekend.  I know it's not my typical Wednesday call, but I am praying that tomorrow the fingerprints will be ready!  We have needed $3,000 to move on after our homestudy, and I have been praying specifically that once we receive the $3,000 we will receive my fingerprints back and be able to move on with the process....

GOOD NEWS!!! Today we raised the next $3,000!!! Not only did we raise it, but we exceeded it with our Chick fil a calendar sales and our Christmas Ornaments!!! I'm REALLY excited and hope that when I call tomorrow, they will have good news for me at the FBI! 

Please pray that our fingerprints come back this week.  I know many of you may be wondering, why the hurry?  Well, we have some paperwork that will expire around January 2013 for our next step (Dossier).  And if those papers expire, that means more money and more time to collect them again. :(  Plus, we are so ready to have our Dossier in Ethiopia!!!

Thanks for all of the prayer and support.  As of now, the wait continues for the fingerprints. We will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment