Monday, November 26, 2012

Fingerprints...

It was 12:35pm... ON MONDAY. I called the FBI.  Jerome answered! (YES! I'm so glad I got him!)  When he answered, I said "This is Whitney Hopperton" - he proceeded to not ask me why I was calling, but looked up the status of my fingerprints.

He delievered the news I've been waiting for.  HE SAID THEY WERE PROCESSED!! And they would arrive in Louisville to our agency by Friday of this week!!! (now I'll be honest, I'm excited, but I'm also hoping that means they were actually read this time. And not deemed "unreadable".  Surely he would have told me that right?)  But in the meanwhile, I'm celebrating!!!!

I let out an excited YEAH! And Jerome laughed.  I told him that if I were there in person I'd give him a hug. He said, "Ma'am, I've had people get excited before, but you are the most excited I've ever had!"  And I proceeded to tell him that we were adopting a baby from Ethiopia and was able to share the Gospel to him quickly over the phone.  I thanked him for his time and then hung up for the phone!

I JUMPED UP AND DOWN!! Then called my husband (who is a teacher, by the way) and he snuck away to answer. He was so excited too! Then I called/told my best friends.  Then I called our agency. Then I announced it to my co-workers and then my Small Group of Prayer of Warriors. And now, my blog friends!

THANK YOU for your prayers.  The Lord's timing is always better than my timing! Even though I know the Lord's in control, I still try to take things into my own hands.  The Lord is really teaching me a lesson on Trust and Faith in Him. 

This is one more hurdle in the journey! I'm excited to move on to officially completing the homestudy and then applying for Grants!

For today--- WE WILL CELEBRATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment